From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Genflags 0.91
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:58:40
1 Robin H.Johnson wrote:
2 > This is release 0.91 of Genflags.
3
4 Hi Robbat2,
5
6 Genflags is looking to be a very promising tool. Has any thought been
7 given to a secondary tier of cflags that would take a little more
8 liberty and be more optimised/aggressive? For example, the following
9 flags were omitted in the case of my machine.
10
11 -fomit-frame-pointer -fprefetch-loop-arrays -falign-functions=4
12 -funroll-loops -ffast-math -fforce-addr
13
14 Can initiative be taken to provide a slightly more aggressive yet safe
15 set of cflags assigned to a command parameter or would that be difficult
16 and time consuming to incorporate into the tool? Just a thought.
17
18 Looking forward to the next version on portage.
19
20 With regards
21 Dhruba Bandopadhyay
22
23 P.S. Here is a demonstration of it working on my machine.
24
25 ====
26 dhruba@wolf bin $ ./info2flags
27 CHOST="i686-unknown-gnu-linux"
28 CFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O3 -pipe"
29 CXXFLAGS="-march=pentium4 -O3 -pipe"
30
31 dhruba@wolf bin $ ./info2host
32 MAINARCH="x86"
33 SUBARCH="pentium4"
34
35 dhruba@wolf bin $ ./host2flags
36 You must specify at least the main architecture to generate flags for.
37 See -h or --help for more info
38
39 dhruba@wolf bin $ ./host2flags x86
40 You must specify at least the main architecture to generate flags for.
41 See -h or --help for more info
42
43 dhruba@wolf bin $ ./host2flags -h
44 ./host2flags: line 26: dohelp: command not found
45
46 dhruba@wolf bin $ ./host2flags --help
47 ./host2flags: line 26: dohelp: command not found
48 ====
52 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list