From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu>
To: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in virtual/ffmpeg: ffmpeg-9.ebuild ChangeLog ffmpeg-0.10.2-r1.ebuild
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:10:58
1 On 17/01/2013 15:00, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > I was only pointing out that ffmpeg isn't a one person thing, it's much
3 > more that this one (or more) person who insulted you.
4
5 You weren't pointing that out at all:
8 > Nice mix of two different hats. I liked to think the tinderbox was
9 > something you were doing for gentoo QA, but it seems it serves also
10 > your personal wars...
11
12 Tell me where you pointed out "that ffmpeg isn't a one person thing" in
13 that phrase? Please top with the bullshit, thank you very much.
14
15 > I am using it,
16 > Gentoo is using it, some upstreams are using it, and all of them would
17 > benefit from a tinderbox run.
18
19 And all of them are invited to either decide to let me decide how to
20 spend my time and dime, or actually pay me for said time.
21
22 > What scandalizes me is that you put my work for Gentoo in the same bag
23 > as this silly ffmpeg/libav war.
24
25 I haven't. Don't put words in my mouth, or in my keyboard. I have only
26 said I don't want to care about ffmpeg, and I have the right not to as
27 NOBODY IS PAYING ME TO DO THAT KIND OF WORK.
28
29 I could realistically just stop doing any tinderboxing at all, but I
30 keep going. I have a steady average of 1500 bugs open at any point in
31 time and most of the times I'm the one catching issues .. I do that for
32 free, which also means you don't get to tell me what to do any more than
33 I get to tell you what to do.
36 Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
37 flameeyes@×××××××××.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/