From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Maintainer notes in metadata.xml?
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 18:17:56
1 Il giorno mer, 01/12/2010 alle 19.05 +0100, Thomas Kahle ha scritto:
4 > I agree, comments within the ebuild are practically invisible to
5 > archteams (at least to me for x86). But also running repoman is
6 > usually
7 > the final step, right before committing. The place for comments that
8 > need to be considered during archtesting would be right in the stable
9 > request bug. This is where I usually start.
10
11 This is where I usually try to provide them; it's a bit more complex
12 when users require the stable themselves, or when new developers are
13 replacing the old ones.
16 > If I do normal build tests first and then find they have been in vain
17 > when running repoman, then I wasted cycles for the build tests. I'm
18 > unsure if this would apply to your original example, though.
19 >
20 I sincerely expect(ed) a repoman scan of the ebuild to be done after
21 tweaking keywords to ensure all the deps are stable already, thus why I
22 asked it to be printed on scan.
25 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
26 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
27
28 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
29 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/