From: "Harald van Dijk" <truedfx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rgb file specification
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:24:50
1 On Sat, Jan 19, 2008 at 05:43:18PM +0000, Ferris McCormick wrote:
2 > This is random musing based based on perhaps my own problems.
3 > I need a local color.file to see well what I have going on, and
4 > current xorg ignores that. Thus, at every build, there is in
5 > oscolor.c a "constant" I must change from 1 to 0.
6
7 While I don't have any need for your specific change, I do have the same
8 problem with some other unrelated patches for unrelated packages. Instead
9 of manually changing the code for every version bump, you can set up your
10 bashrc to define a post_src_unpack function, which checks if
11 ${CATEGORY}/${PN} == x11-base/xorg-server, and if so, applies the patch.
12 solar's old bashrc which does this is still found at
13 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~solar/bashrc>, and I've put up the function as
14 I'm using it at <http://dev.gentoo.org/~truedfx/bashrc>.
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list