From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] About forcing rebuilds of other packages issue
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:24:31
On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 10:32:08 +0200
Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
> > We do? Please tell us. I was under the impression that we still > > didn't fully know what the problem was. > > Well, could you please let me know how to handle some issues already > mentioned? For example: > - Rebuild dbus-glib and gobject-introspection after major glib update. > - Rebuild x11 drivers after xorg-update
Those are the ones we probably do understand. You just up the SLOT (and if you really need to, use blockers between slots, although this is discouraged in favour of writing better ebuilds), and everything that build+run-deps upon these things uses := dependencies.
> - Rebuild python/perl/ocaml stuff after python/perl/ocaml update
That depends. If you only have to do it after an upgrade, same solution. If you have to do it with a rebuild too, then that's one of the situations I claim we don't fully understand because no-one has specified what the exact general problem is (although lots of people have looked at one particular case and assumed that their case holds for everything, which isn't true). -- Ciaran McCreesh