From: Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion: INVALID -> NOCHANGE in bugzilla
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 22:57:09
1 On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Kevin F. Quinn napsal(a):
3 > [snip]
4 >
5 > See, I don't really care how the reporter feels, if something's not a
6 > bug, then it's not a bug.
7 In which case it must be a feature, so why not use the keyword FEATURE?
8
9 > Don't invent confusing 'politically correct'
10 > junk for this just because someone might feel 'offended'.
11 I think that insufficient people in the open source and free software
12 movements realize that in the real world there are differing cultures all of
13 whom have differing sensitivities to language constructs.
14
15 imnsho it's very important not to cause deliberate offense, because doing so
16 perpetuates the idea that FOSS movement people are an unpleasant bunch of
17 individuals. This causes users to make the choice of using computer products
18 from elsewhere, and developers to spend their free time doing other things.
21 CS
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list