From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] No XFree86 w/ new license
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:05:44
1 On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 10:57, Stewart wrote:
2 > Yes, it is a major component. Nay, it is a critical component. Without a
3 > GUI, we may as well write our source code on toilet paper and distribute
4 > it to the developers to be used appropriately.
5 >
6 > Graphical User Environment = Market Acceptance. Period.
7
8 You make the assumption that part of what makes Gentoo what it is, is
9 having X. This is not the case. It doesn't matter what you say about
10 market acceptance, if Gentoo is not provided by default with X (meaning
11 X is part of "system" in my interpretation), it is not a "major
12 component" of the "operating system."
13
14 D
15 --
16 Donnie Berkholz