From: Christian Bricart <christian@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: OT: IRIX media (was: Re: [gentoo-dev] Available hardware)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:58:02
1 Jeremy Huddleston wrote:
2 > Hey Dan,
3 >
4 > You don't happen to have IRIX discs for the Octane2 do you? I have an
5 > O2, and I wanted to install IRIX on it to test some stuff out, but I
6 > lost the disks and SGI wants $450 to send me new ones (yikes!).
7
8 That's odd.. I asked SGI about two years ago about IRIX media for an
9 Indy.. they replied that's no problem to ship the OS install CDs for
10 IRIX, as if you own an SGI hardware you also own the initial OS for it -
11 so I got the original IRIX 6.something installation CDs for free -
12 directly from SGI...
13
14 Christian
15 --