From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [GLEP] Bugzilla access for contributors
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 18:25:28
1 On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 07:45:39PM +0200, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > Joshua Jackson wrote:
3 > > This is one of those times where I think we all need to take a step
4 > > back and really look at what we are doing. Gleps were designed for a
5 > > purpose, and this is not one of them. This is an issue of common
6 > > sense.
7 >
8 > +1 - this just doesn't make sense.
9 >
10 > And damn, bugzilla folks don't need ebuild quiz, they need to read
11 > bugzilla docs and learn how to effectively search 95% of time (ditto for
12 > users filing duplicate/invalid bugs over and over again). If they are
13 > not sure, they just assign the bug or leave it to someone else to handle
14 > it. And even if they screw up, the user who filed the bug can reopen it
15 > anytime.
16 >
17 > And no, we are *not* opening bugzilla to "the whole world plus their
18 > dogs" - we *always* have an option to deny people those privs - since
19 > those are privs, not rights. They are not entitled to them, granting
20 > them those privs is solely up to the discretion of Gentoo devs
21 > responsible for this.
22 >
23 Well, if people don't want to discuss issues such as this I'm quite
24 happy to just deny them in the future.
25
26 Regards,
27 Bryan Østergaard
28 --