From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Experiment: confcache patch for portage-2.0.50-r10
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:35:03
1 On Thursday 09 September 2004 23:12, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > Once you've patched and re-installed Portage, to activate the cache,
3 > make sure you have both 'sandbox' and 'confcache' set in FEATURES in
4 > /etc/make.conf. This feature only helps ebuilds which call 'econf'.
5 >
6 > I'd be interested in getting some feedback on this patch, as well as
7 > any suggested improvements.
8
9 One question I have is how cache invalidation is handled? Will the cache
10 not think until the end of time that e.g. kde is installed
11 in /usr/kde/3.2 while we allready went on to 4.0?
12
13 Paul
16 Paul de Vrieze
17 Gentoo Developer