From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 08:59:51
1 On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 01:19:45 +0530
2 Anant Narayanan <anant@g.o> wrote:
3 > On 28-Mar-07, at 1:45 AM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > Do you acknowledge that Portage is a severe limiting factor when it
5 > > comes to improving the Gentoo user experience as a whole?
6 >
7 > I certainly don't think so. A lot of people *switch* to Gentoo
8 > because of portage. Portage is a core part of our distro, and I
9 > don't see it being replaced for a long time to come.
10
11 Portage or the tree? Portage is just a way of using the tree, and it's
12 not a very good one...
15 Ciaran McCreesh