From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new category - kde-kxdocker
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:38:48
1 On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 07:25 +1100, Daniel wrote:
2 > kxdocker is like Mac OS X's Dock, but more powerful.
3 > It has icons animation like parabolic OSX zoom is a plugin, so if you don't
4 > like this parabolic, you can write own.
5 > http://www.xiaprojects.com/www/prodotti/kxdocker/main.php
6 >
7 > Since version 1.0.0 of kxdocker there are now 23 plugins in addition to
8 > kxdocker and kxdocker-resources (currently under kde-misc).
9 >
10 > http://bugs.gentoo.org/showdependencytree.cgi?id=124159
11 >
12 > Rather than littering kde-misc with more applications I propose using
13 > kde-kxdocker instead.
14 >
15 > Any objections/thoughts/sporadic opinions?
16
17 I object to the addition of new categories for pretty much any reason
18 but especially for moving existing packages around.
19 I think Kevin Quinn best described the problem recently on
20 Mon, 20 Feb 2006
21 "Putting all log related packages into it's own category"
24 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
25 Gentoo Linux
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list