From: Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecation and removal of 13.0 profiles is imminent
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 19:56:47
1 On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 00:25:04 +0000
2 Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Tl;DR: 13.0 profiles will be removed some time soon unless there are
5 > enough reports broken on 13.0->17.0 switch.
6 >
7 > 13.0 profiles been a while in Gentoo tree and are already deprecated
8 > on some arches but not everywhere.
9 >
10 > If you have problems using 17.0 profiles as a default please file a bug
11 > and pile it against against the tracker bug (fresh one):
12 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/672960
13
14 I filed a bunch of bugs to deprecate existing profile that rely on
15 'releases/13.0' profile snippet.
16
17 To deprecate a profile just drop a 'deprecated' file to profile dir
18 that targets to target for users to switch to. Example:
19 https://bugs.gentoo.org/672960#c2
20 Note: package.desc still remains
21
22 At removal time we will delete both deprecated profiles and package.desc entries.
26 Sergei