From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: revisiting our stabilization policy
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 00:50:38
1 On 01/14/2014 07:13 PM, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 >>
3 >> For users, both options are worse than the status quo.
4 >
5 > When you do nothing then things are bound to get worse, under the
6 > assumption that manpower doesn't change as well as the assumption that
7 > the queue fills faster than stabilization bugs get added to it.
8 >
9 > As a result of this, stable will eventually become broken. It is up to
10 > you as well as us whether to consider it to be broken right now. Will
11 > it be in a month from now? What about in a year?
12 >
13 > Will we wait for hell? Or try to prepare and/or fix it now?
14 >
15 > Maybe there are other options if these can be deemed as being worse.
18 As I mentioned in a reply to William, right now I can decide when stuff
19 is broken and keyword the newer versions. The proposal is to force me
20 onto the new versions, which is strictly worse from my perspective.
21
22 The whole issue of how much it sucks that stable is lagging is orthogonal.