From: William Hubbs <w.hubbs@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OT: help needed with alsa
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:50:01
1 Hi all,
2
3 I realize this might be OT for this list, but I have tried other lists at different times and had no luck with getting this solved. So, if you want to write back to me privately, that is fine.
6 I am running gentoo linux on anold dell desktop with integrated audio and having trouble getting alsa to work.
7
8 I am using development-sources 2.6.3.
11 The output from lspci | grep audio is below:
12
13 00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4610/11 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
14
15 Here is what shows up in dmesg when I boot the system (I am using udev, so hotplug finds the sound chips.) I do get the same message, however, if I use /etc/init.d/alsasound start.
16
17 PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 0000:00:0b.0
18 create - never read codec ready from AC'97
19 it is not probably bug, try to use CS4236 driver
20 Sound Fusion CS46xx: probe of 0000:00:0b.0 failed with error -5
21
22 Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
23
24 Thanks much,
25
26 William