From: Robert Melton <rmelton@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] General Request
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 21:10:48
1 I am a rabid slackware user, but Gentoo really caught my eye, and I am going
2 to try it inside of a week.
3
4 I wish I could have found more details on gentoo.org about directory
5 structure, package systems, compatiblility for building applications(will
6 building things be a pain in the ass?) and an array of other things, also --
7 I would love to see a possible release date up anywhere.
8
9 These are just some general requests coming from the point of view of a
10 _totally_ new user who just stumbled onto your site.
11
12 By the way -- the direction you are taking this distro seems great!
15 Robert Melton [metacosm]