From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: add a compiler-version entry to pkg db
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 01:39:15
1 Federico Ferri wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > today I hit this annoyance, because my laptop hung in the middle of an
4 > 'emerge -e @world' (checking that my world set compiles with
5 > gcc-4.3... stopped at ~ 300 of 700 :S )
8 Consider using emerge --keep-going next time.
9
10 > I was looking for an entry in /var/db/pkg/<cat/pkg>/ that could have
11 > told me the compiler used to build the package, but couldn't find any.
12 > indeed it would be a fairly useful feature to have, both for testing
13 > purposes, and for user's everyday maintenance.
16 But the idea isn't that bad imfo. Maybe save the output of emerge --info
17 in general and it could be easily made available for bug filing. If it
18 was a while since you emerged the package your emerge --info could now
19 be different from the merge time and now for example reflect your use flags.
20
21 Regards,
22 Petteri