From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Revisiting GLEP 19
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:40:09
1 On Tuesday 20 July 2004 14:14, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > So, with that said, thoughts, comments and other ideas are welcome.
3
4 I think we'll end up moving the ChangeLogs over to an XML format as part of
5 this work. This will make it easier to write tools that can filter updates
6 based on security alerts and bug fixes.
7
8 Just imagine being able to do:
9
10 emerge --show-summaries -u world
11
12 and being able to get a list of bugs and security problems fixed by the
13 prospective upgrades, with links to the relevant entries in Bugzilla.
14
15 Best regards,
16 Stu
17 --
18 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
19 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
20 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
21
22 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
23 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C