From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 3's default src_install needs bikeshedding
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:07:42
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > So far, we've got this, by agreement of the Council:
3 >
4 > * There will be a default src_install in EAPI 3
5 > * It will have a DOCS variable, or something along those lines.
6 >
7 > I'd like to suggest the following too:
8 >
9 > * If DOCS is explicitly specified, it is an error if anything in it
10 > doesn't exist.
11 > * If DOCS isn't explicitly specified, it isn't an error if anything in
12 > its default, if it has one, doesn't exist.
13 >
14 > We don't have an implementation yet. So I'll start off with this:
15 >
16 > default_src_install() {
17 > emake -j1 DESTDIR="${D}" install
20 should have || die where appropriate