From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] amd64-fbsd profile marked 'stable'
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 14:08:36
1 On Tue, 8 May 2012 15:44:09 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > >>>>> On Tue, 8 May 2012, Alexis Ballier wrote:
5 >
6 > > I've just marked the profile 'default/bsd/fbsd/amd64/9.0' as
7 > > 'stable' in profiles.desc. I've been careful not to keyword
8 > > anything with broken deps, and its now forbidden. It is the first
9 > > g/fbsd profile marked as such.
10 >
11 > > [...]
12 >
13 > > cons: there's no stable amd64-fbsd keyword, i suppose that if we
14 > > want some day to stabilize it, it'll be hard with a 'stable'
15 > > profile, but we can temporarily switch it back to 'dev' while doing
16 > > it, and without preventing broken deps it'll be almost impossible
17 > > to do this anyway.
18 >
19 > This has as another consequence that we cannot extract the state of
20 > keywords from profiles.desc any more. So we need to find a different
21 > solution for bug 304133.
22 >
23 > Any ideas?
24
25 one of these maybe:
26
27 1) check if there's something starting with ~ in ACCEPT_KEYWORDS from
28 make.default (probably slow);
29 2) generate that list from profile's make.default when building
30 gentoolkit-dev
31 3) what are the usecases of ekeyword all ? noarch no deps packages ? in
32 that case i dont really mind amd64-fbsd being included
33 4) make ekeyword all use the union of stable keywords of current
34 package (probably saner as that wont bring in new stable keywords by
35 mistake)
36 5) create a new profile state meaning 'no stable keyword but broken
37 deps are errors'
38
39 A.