From: Matt Thrailkill <xwred1@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Enemy Territory ebuild
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:56:43
1 How do the kernel ebuilds do it, where they decide whether to patch you
2 up to a given kernel or just to download the whole thing? Is it
3 possible to use that logic with ET?
4
5 On Sat, 2003-10-18 at 06:30, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
6 > I want to ask the opinion of everyone. I updated Enemy-Territory
7 > yesterday to close two bugs. In doing so, I made the decision to make
8 > the newest version of Enemy Territory use the new full download. I have
9 > had requests from people to have the full download, rather than the
10 > original download + patches, as the ebuild.
11 >
12 > Well, I am thinking of breaking up the enemy-territory ebuilds into two
13 > ebuilds. There would be an enemy-territory ebuild, which would use the
14 > original download + patches (and therefore be dial-up friendly) and the
15 > enemy-territory-full ebuild, which would always download and install the
16 > complete game from the most recent version. This should satisfy both
17 > camps and also make the ebuild a bit more dial-up friendly.
18 >
19 > Thoughts? Opinions? Flames?
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list