From: Weeve <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] IMPORTANT: The proposal for the metadata.xml file
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:11:31
1 On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:56:05 -0400
2 Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I am not in favor of XML changelogs. I enjoy being able to easily read a
5 >
6 > changelog without the help of external tools; I believe it is much more
7 > convienent to have plaintext changelogs.
8
9 Personally I am a fan of plain text approach myself. However, in the event
10 that XML is the way to go, I would suggest that emerge contain the ability
11 to show that ChangeLog in plaintext with an argument.
12
13 For example, say I wanted to check out the ChangeLog for the gaim instant
14 messenger program. I could do something like "emerge --changelog gaim"
15 and this would just show me the ChangeLog in plain text.
16
17 My $0.02
20 Weeve
21 Gentoo/Sparc Team Lead