From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Application server deployment eclass?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:56:10
1 On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 03:07:23AM -0400, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 > So how do I get my war file deployed? Am I left to external tools such as ant
3 > to manage that for me?
4 >
5 > How does such an entity fit within the portage world?
6
7 Each J2EE server has its own method for deploying j2ee archives. I don't
8 think it is easy to create one that supports them all (WebSphere, WebLogic,
9 Oracle's, TomCat/JBoss, ...).
10
11 And anyway, the idea behind such archives is that the deployment itself is
12 tweaked to the environment itself - there is no way for a "default works for
13 all" deployment method afaik.
14
15 I personally use a Java tool that uses the JMX possibilities of the J2EE
16 server (if it supports it) to deploy tools, but this is targetted on a
17 personal environment and mainly used to
18 1. provide a sort-of default method for deploying archives on the
19 environment (which uses a single brand of J2EE servers anyway)
20 2. automate the upgrading of archives to a new version
21
22 Wkr,
23 Sven Vermeulen
27 Gentoo Foundation Trustee | http://foundation.gentoo.org