From: Mike Doty <kingtaco@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] combining x86 and amd64
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 19:01:40
1 Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > The recent discussion about having a "real" x86 arch team and combining
3 > the x86 and amd64 keywords was both interesting and provocative. Of
4 > course, this is the sort of thing that the GLEP system was meant for.
5 > Now that we have a new council that (I hope) will be active in approving
6 > or rejecting GLEPs, perhaps someone should be writing a GLEP about
7 > combining x86 and amd64?
8 >
9 > -g2boojum-
10
11 This will not happen. Years down the road AMD64 may absorb the
12 remaining x86 issues, but AMD64 will certainly never be run like x86 has
13 been.
14
15 Mike Doty
16 --