From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council meeting, Thursday 15th, 1900 UTC
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:10:51
1 On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:22:32 -0400 Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o> wrote:
2 | On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 07:33:59AM -0500, Lance Albertson wrote:
3 | >
4 | > The actual powers/role of devrel has always been a grey area.
5 |
6 | No it hasn't, unless by 'gray area' you mean 'a few people who don't
7 | like devrel claim it shouldn't be able to do anything because
8 | drobbins set it up'
9 |
10 | Recruitment, conflict resolution, disciplinary issues. I.e.,
11 | 'managing developers.'
12
13 Well, here's the thing... I've been told by various devrel members that:
14
15 * devrel doesn't do "broke the tree" enforcement, that's QA's job
16 * devrel doesn't do "broke the tree" enforcement, that's the council's
17 job
18 * devrel doesn't do "broke the tree" enforcement, that's the
19 management's job
20 * devrel are the only people who do enforcement, and that they decide
21 when they do it
22 * devrel are the only people who do enforcement, and that they need to
23 be told by QA when they need to do something
24 * devrel are the only people who do enforcement, and that they need to
25 be told by a manager when they need to do something
26
27 When you add in things that drobbins, the council and various managers
28 have said it becomes even more contradictory. So I'd say it's not a
29 very clear area at all...
32 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
33 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
34 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm