From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: Michael Boman <michael.boman@××××××××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo Development List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only offer pre-compiled packages?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 07:40:05
1 I think the -K option for emerge does this.
2
3 On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 03:36:21PM +0800, Michael Boman wrote:
4 > Is there a way to let machines only see (updated) pre-compiled packages
5 > when they do 'emerge -p world'? I am thinking of providing a local
6 > repository of "authorized/tested" software over NFS and when you do
7 > 'emerge world' it will take the latest version from the pre-compiled
8 > pile of packages, totally ignoring what is availble as ebuild's from
9 > rsync.gentoo.org or in the PORTAGE_OVERLAY dir..
10 >
11 > Doable? How?
12 >
13 > Best regards
14 > Michael Boman
15 >
16 > --
17 > Michael Boman
18 > Security Architect, SecureCiRT Pte Ltd
19 > http://www.securecirt.com
24 Jon Portnoy
25 avenj/irc.freenode.net
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list