From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Documentation linkage or location
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 09:49:23
1 On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 12:38:46AM -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > (3) Strongly consider implementing CVS ACL's (as used by BSD projects,
3 > PHP and others). This allows us to move the documents and improve on
4 > existing access control, such as allowing all editors and project
5 > members to have access to the documentation of a project.
6
7 I think it is still necessary to have a nice guideline on where certain
8 documentation is stored. Paul's proposal on having user documentation in
9 doc/, while developer documentation can be elsewhere (divided amongst the
10 related projects) is a nice idea which I can support.
11
12 The CVS ACLs can then be used to finetune permissions (which I also
13 encourage, both for security reasons as for managerial reasons).
14
15 By having all user documentation in doc/, translations are easily integrated.
16 Development-related documentation doesn't really need translations (my
17 opinion) and is therefor "safe" to reside in the project-specific structures.
18
19 Wkr,
20 Sven Vermeulen
24 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.