From: David Shakaryan <d@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [experiment] Sunrise try 2
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 05:43:50
Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Saturday 24 June 2006 18:54, Edward Catmur wrote: >> * Security (from malicious contributors): Glad to see layman will only >> track the reviewed/ tree; still, anyone who checks out the sunrise/ tree >> (and has it in PORTDIR_OVERLAY) is vulnerable. >> >> - Remove from the examples any suggestion that one should check out the >> whole tree when contributing. Point out that one should not svn up >> sunrise/ as part of updating Portage. > > valid point i think
The guide has been edited to inform users that they should *not* use the sunrise/ tree for any reason other than committing. Now, in the HowToCommit guide, near the instructions for checking out the sunrise/ tree, it clearly states that you should not set it as your PORTDIR_OVERLAY, but use the reviewed/ instead.
> > ive never admined svn repos before, but would it be possible to shut off anon > access to the non-reviewed tree ? i think that would cover this issue as > people who get bit by bugs in the non-reviewed tree would (and should) be > able to just go in and fix it themselves :)
As far as I understand, not allowing anonymous users to check out the sunrise/ directory *is* going to be implemented in the future, but you should get a second word from genstef or jokey on that as I'm not completely sure. -- David Shakaryan GnuPG Public Key: 0x4B8FE14B

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [experiment] Sunrise try 2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>