From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Review: desc/cpu_flags_x86.desc
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 02:06:33
1 Michał Górny posted on Sun, 18 Jan 2015 21:44:05 +0100 as excerpted:
2
3 > sse3 - Use the SSE3 instruction set (pni in cpuinfo)
4
5 > ssse3 - Use the SSSE3 instruction set
6
7 For these two, just to clarify I'd put in parenthesis:
8
9 for sse3: (not ssse3)
10
11 for ssse3: (not sse3)
12
13 Possibly even all-caps the NOT.
14
15 It will almost certainly save some users problems. Years ago, I was
16 confused myself, but knew enough to wikipedia it to be sure. This change-
17 up is the perfect opportunity to make plain that there /is/ a difference.
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman