From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New distfile mirror layout
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 12:24:03
1 >>>>> On Tue, 29 Oct 2019, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > Dnia October 29, 2019 9:34:01 AM UTC, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >> /space/distfiles-local is no longer copied to the mirrors? or just
5 >> not copied in the subdir-hierarchy?
6
7 > The latter.
8
9 So, what has to be be done to have it appear in the proper place? Should
10 the file be placed in a subdir of /space/distfiles-local/? That seems to
11 be error prone, and certainly could be automated?
12
13 >> Just wondering. Do you mean it isn't valid that some upstreams do
14 >> this (yes horror)? We surely need a way to work around that ...
15
16 > I mean the method using same filename and expecting distfiles-local to
17 > overwrite it. It is preferable to just rename it.
18
19 Looks like this will break backwards compatibility. IIUC, backwards
20 compatibility is also broken on the receiving side, that is,
21 mirror://gentoo/ in SRC_URI will no longer work as expected?
22
23 Shouldn't GLEP 75 have mentioned this? It's certainly something that
24 needs to be discussed before the GLEP is implemented.
25
26 Ulrich