From: Steve Rodgers <steve.rodgers@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Fw: [gentoo-dev] mysql commercial
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 20:41:07
1 thanks for the feedback.
2 I agree - the gentoo build is excellent. It's only to meet with our legal obligations.
3 That legal obligation arises from our non-GPL C app which links against libmysqlclient.
4 Do you know if it would be enough to deploy and use the gentoo build of mysql but with
5 our software linked against the commercial mysql libs?
6
7 That would allow us to deploy the mysql side of things purely as an alternative lib.
8
9 Steve
10