From: Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: AW: [gentoo-dev] pppoe dsl
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 06:43:19
1 I use the german (T-)DSL, too. I use rp-pppoe on my system which
2 is configured to use the kernel-mode api.
3
4 I have tried to extend the ebuild for rp-pppoe to download and build
5 the pppd (patched) too - but failed. So i have build this by hand - and
6 it works. If we add a use-flag (like pppoe_kernelmode) it could be possible
7 to become this to work. I have tried this only a half hour. But as my
8 solution - without build - work i give up - sorry.
9
10 Sebastian
11
12 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
13 Von: gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org
14 [mailto:gentoo-dev-admin@××××××××××.org]Im Auftrag von BoehmeSilvio
15 Gesendet: Montag, 17. September 2001 10:48
16 An: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
17 Betreff: [gentoo-dev] pppoe dsl
20 Hi,
21
22 i try to use german "T-DSL" with gentoo.
23 In the past i used the patched version of pppd. ( kernel mode pppoe )
24 This works fine with gentoo, but all dependencies for pppd does't work,
25 because
26 i compiled pppd manualy.
27
28 So i have 2 questions:
29
30 1. What is your prefered way to use PPPOE, especialy for german dsl
31 2. Does someone use the patched version of pppd ( maybe with an ebuild ? )
32 If not (2.) , i'll try to build a ebuild script for this pppd.
33
34 By
35 Silvio
36