From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DEFAULT_* proposal
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 15:29:09
1 Well for myself I found compromise. Although in both proposals as I see
2 you've omitted part where you'll discuss how you are going to implement
3 this feature, implementing this feature as eclass addresses most of my
4 concerns, since:
5
6 1. ebuild's syntax does not change
7 2. people will have to inherit some.eclass to use them and thus will do
8 this only when it's really saves time/efforts
9
10 I've dropped all other answers I was going to give you since I started
11 to feel that this is just another cycle. We can discuss them off list if
12 necessary. :)
15 Peter.