From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Multiple Repo Support
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:22:55
1 On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 01:20:50 +0900 Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | If backtracking was all there was to it, it could be done very
4 | quickly of course. However, it's essentially a brute force method;
5 | I'm not very good with O notation but I think it's O(n^n). I've got
6 | an algorithm in my head that'll do it but it goes into an infinite
7 | loop in the cases that Carsten mentioned. That's why things are
8 | taking so long. I should really write it down...
9
10 It's worse than O(n^n) if you try to do USE dep conflict resolution
11 too...
14 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
15 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
16 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm