From: "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] portage-2.0.45-r6 SERIOUSLY fucked up ?
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:42:25
1 Why do you all read so much into it? Culprit, was the wrong choice of
2 words, but the email was neither mean or bad-spirited. It was obvious he
3 was just saying that this should be masked quickly to avoid a lot of
4 users running into this problem. The east/west refernce is simply
5 juvinille. Having spent a great many years in both places, I can testify
6 that it is a meaningless and inaccurate stereotype anyways. All this
7 does is point out the real lesson to be learned here. Gentoo may be
8 "cutting-edge", but the stability problems MUST be fixed, expecially in
9 Portafge, because if it breaks, it can leave a system in a very
10 difficult to recover state. We should all display enough maturity to not
11 label email headers "SERIOUSLY fucked up ?", avoid labeling people, and
12 simply work at fixing the problems and moving on. Those of us who need
13 stable systems for the moment, need to be much more cautious about
14 upgrading our systems, until Gentoo has a better system to ensure stable
15 releases.
16
17 Sean
18
19 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
20 Sean P. Kane
21 spkane@××××××××××.com
22 Lead Infrastructure Architect
23 Genomatica, Inc.
24 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
25 "When we destroy something man has created we call it vandalism......
26 When we destroy something that Gaia has created we call it progress."
29 -----Original Message-----
30 From: Henti Smith [mailto:bain@×××××××.za]
31 Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 10:35
32 To: Adam Voigt
33 Cc: drobbins@g.o; veldy@×××××.net; aurelien@×××××.org;
34 kdolkas@××××××××××××.gr; gentoo-dev@g.o; manson@g.o
35 Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage-2.0.45-r6 SERIOUSLY fucked up ?
38 On 17 Dec 2002 11:15:15 -0500