From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Should we join the which hunt?
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 17:06:30
1 On Fri, 2022-05-13 at 11:44 -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 >
3 > "which" is a built-in command in bash, but not in dash. For most
4 > users, /bin/sh points at bash and I don't expect to see much breakage
5 > when /usr/bin/which is removed. The bug reports will come from people
6 > who like pain and run their systems with /bin/sh pointed at dash.
9 Debian did that first, too. If your oldest and most boring friend jumps
10 off a bridge, it's fine. And it makes each ./configure run like 15%
11 faster!
12
13 Who is Gentoo for if not for people who would sacrifice essential
14 stability for a little temporary performance, and deserve neither?