From: gentoolinx <gentoolinx@×××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Install w/out floppy, cd-r?; PPDD w/Gentoo?
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 14:21:47
1 This may be the wrong place for this question, if so please tell me where
2 to ask it.
3
4 Is there any way to install GRUB (& Gentoo) without a floppy or CD-R ? I
5 have a Win98 partition, a OpenBSD partition, and a UMSDOS linux w/ Reiser
6 in the kernel, so I can install from any of those places.
7 Any help would be appreciated!
8
9 Also, are there any plans to use PPDD or any disk encryption w/ Gentoo?
10 I was going to do what you guys did with Gentoo, but with encryption--a
11 cross between OpenBSD & Gentoo. I even had a web site at sourceforge.net.
12 It's dead at the moment, but I collected some good ideas encryption wise.
13 Here's the URL, hope you can use it for something:
14 http://sourceforge.net/projects/openparanioa/.
15
16 Thanks , Joshua Kuebler