From: "Miguel S. Filipe" <m3thos@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GUi installer brainstorm
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 17:42:05
1 Taras Glek wrote:
2
3 >Why is a gui needed to do an installer? One could do a ncurses based
4 >console "gui" that would be just as useful, but wouldn't depend on shaky
5 >things like framebuffer(not all cards do vesa, some do it better/worse
6 >than others), imho using a console interface, sort of like the one in
7 >dos borland ides would be more than sufficient.
8 >