From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] how to handle sensitive files when generating binary packages
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 21:28:04
1 On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:19:01 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The specific underlying question being, what are the use cases for
4 > > binary packages?
5 >
6 > the use of the binpkg is not an issue, it's the creation ... people
7 > blindly creating tbz2's which could contain their sensitive files and
8 > posting them
9
10 Use cases include all aspects of use, including creation. The way
11 binary packages are now appears to be far from ideal for any plausible
12 use case I can think up, which is why I'm wondering whether there's a
13 better way forward than just adding in another hack.
16 Ciaran McCreesh