From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: 24 hour review for >= dev-libs/glib-2.28 stable news item
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:32:29
1 On 04/27/2011 11:13 AM, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 15:05 Wed 27 Apr , Samuli Suominen wrote:
3 >> The way of setting default URI handlers has changed since
4 >> dev-libs/glib-2.28 and above. If you used the GConf registry to set
5 >> them before, they will now be ignored.
6 >
7 > Do you think all our users will even understand what this means? Can you
8 > provide a more plain-English explanation, and give specific examples?
9 > For example:
10 >
11 > "The method for setting default applications for specific URI types
12 > (https://, mailto://, etc.) changed in dev-libs/glib-2.28 and newer. If
13 > you previously set them in GConf using the Configuration Editor, they
14 > will now be ignored."
17 Maybe I expect too much from people... I changed it to the way you put
18 it, works just as fine.
19
20 Also the news item is now committed, a bit sooner than 24 hours but
21 close enough
22
23 Now arch teams can move forward with the security bug, it's A1 Critical
24 afterall