From: Chris Bainbridge <chrb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo's policy on sender id
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 19:24:48
1 On Sunday 05 September 2004 15:00, John Davis wrote:
2 > Recent [1] announcements [2] from other large projects have prompted
3 > this inquiry - should Gentoo adopt similar policies regarding Sender ID
4 > and make a public statement or is it not worth our time?
5
6 One of the things that I like about gentoo is the lack of deep politics. If
7 someone is willing to maintain ebuild for packages that support sender id
8 then why shouldn't gentoo host them? We already have stuff like vmware that
9 is both patented and proprietary binary-only software.
12 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list