From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking modular X
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:40:25
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >> On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 10:48 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
4 >>> changes to all the ebuilds, since we've generally just been putting them
5 >>> in the latest ~arch and newer (p.mask). This should mostly be a copy and
6 >> We have? No wonder it's been taking me so fscking long to get all of
7 >> the games stuff done. I've been doing it for every version of all
8 >> offending packages, not just the ones in ~arch, since we can't be sure
9 >> if a user is using a mixed stable/testing system or not.
10 >
11 > Sorry about the confusion there =(
12 >
13 > People using mixed stable/testing can deal with the consequences (i.e.,
14 > also ~arch broken packages) until the proper app maintainer gets around
15 > to fixing all the deps.
16
17 Ah, forgot to mention this.
18
19 That is the process the task force is using to port packages. The
20 package maintainers may want to work differently by fixing all the
21 ebuilds for a given package, because repoman will soon refuse to let you
22 commit anything unless they're all ported.
23
24 The task force is doing enough to get the tree working for ~arch users
25 and to set an example that package maintainers can port over to the rest
26 of their ebuilds.
27
28 As you're really more of a package maintainer for the games you're
29 porting, you will probably want to stick with the way you're doing things.
30
31 Thanks,
32 Donnie