From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Too little, too late.
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 06:26:28
1 begin quote
2 On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 01:36:01 +0200
3 Eric Noack <eric.noack@×××.de> wrote:
4
5 > so i thought i was extremely! intelligent and typed
6 >
7 > rm -rf .*
11 This happened to me after migrating my /home (safely backed up .. yeah)
12 to another system where the UID were a bit different...
13 ok, chmod spider -R * ... Got them.. but not my .ssh and other "vital"
14 dirs... so.. chmod spider -R .*
15 *chunka chunka chunka chunka*
18 I was doing "restore" work for a long time once I found out what files I
19 had chown'ed ... very fun. But, You learn from it.. I doubt I'll ever
20 do that again ;)
21
22 //Spider
23 --
24 begin .signature
25 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
27 end