From: Karl Peters <karl.h.peters@×××.net>
To: zoke-gentoo@××××.de, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problems with ebd cache dependencies
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 16:50:30
1 On Thursday 04 July 2002 09:41, Markus Brischke wrote:
2 > IMHO the example in the FAQ didn't work anymore. If you introduce a new
3 > category not existing in /var/cache/edb/dep you get a dependency failure
4 > like:
5 >
6 > Calculating dependencies \portage: aux_get(): couldn't open cache entry
7 > for bla/ncp-1.2.3 (likely caused by syntax error or corruption in the
8 > bla/ncp-1.2.3 ebuild.)
9 >
10 > I had to make the bla directory by hand :(
11
12 Hi,
13
14 after updating portage I have the same problem. A "workaround" is to use the
15 new (?) PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/some/dir" option in make.conf to have local
16 ebuilds.
17 Detailed decription is at the end of the actual portage.ebuild .
18
19 I don't know yet what if I like the old behaviour or the function better.
20
21 regards
22 karl peters