From: Mamoru KOMACHI <usata@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] SLOT support for ruby
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 20:58:21
1 Hi all.
2
3 I added dev-lang/ruby-1.6.8-r2 and dev-lang/ruby-1.8.0-r1 (both
4 ebuilds are masked by package.mask) to support SLOT'd ruby. Some
5 ebuilds need to be rewritten to support both 1.6 and 1.8 (I'm working
6 on these ebuilds). If your ebuild works only on specific version of
7 ruby you need to refer to ruby as /usr/bin/ruby16 or /usr/bin/ruby18,
8 or inherit ruby eclass and set WANT_RUBY_1_6 or WANT_RUBY_1_8
9 respectively.
10
11 If you are interested in testing them, please unmerge previously
12 installed dev-lang/ruby first and emerge them (otherwise your ruby
13 will be overwritten). Feel free to test and file a bug report if you
14 find any bug ;)
17 Regards,
20 Mamoru KOMACHI <usata@g.o>
21 http://dev.gentoo.org/~usata/