From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to test ebuild install without recompiling?
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 19:02:58
1 Edit your /etc/make.conf file and make sure that you have the line:
2 FEATURES="sandbox noauto"
3 You might want to put more stuff in that line, read description in make.conf.
4
5 George
8 On Friday 12 April 2002 12:34, Eric F Sorton wrote:
9 > Hi All,
10 >
11 > I am in the process of creating an ebuild for "qcad".
12 >
13 > The "build" step was created in short order. The "install" step is,
14 > however, giving me problems. Currently, my biggest holdup is the cycle
15 > time to test changes to my ebuild. Each time I change my ebuild, when I
16 > issue the "ebuild qcad-<vers>.ebuild install", I get a message stating
17 > that the ebuild changed. The working directory is erased. As a
18 > consequence of this, I have to watch my application be rebuilt (which
19 > takes a few minutes).
20 >
21 > So, is there a way, when testing an ebuild, to force ebuild, the
22 > application, NOT to rebuild the entire application. I looked through
23 > the manpage and the portage HOWTO, but I didn't see anything obvious.
24 >
25 > Thanks for the assistance,