From: alex.alexander@×××××.com
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] gentoo KVM images now available :)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 13:53:40
1 Hello :)
2
3 I've created some KVM images to aid Gentoo Developers and
4 the KDE herd in ebuild development and maintainance.
5
6 Two images are currently available: [1]
7 an X-less ~x86 with various tools preinstalled [like layman]
8 and
9 a copy of the first ~x86 with kdebase-meta[kdeprefix] and a
10 few other packages installed on top of it
11
12 The portage tree is in a separate image, along with binary
13 packages of most stuff installed in the two images.
14 (a bz2 of the tree is in /usr just in case)
15
16 The images are available at dev.gentooexperimental.org [1].
17 Please read the README [2] for instructions and more information :)
18
19 An image with -kdeprefix kde is also en route.
20
21 I would really appreciate feedback on the images:
22 * things you liked
23 * things missing
24 * things you'd do differently
25 either through these mailing lists or in freenode/#gentoo-kde
26 so I can make future revisions better and more useful!
27
28 Regards,
29 Alex Alexander (wired)
30 Gentoo KDE Team Herd Tester