From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] When will KDE 3.5 be marked as stable?
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 23:16:33
1 On Tuesday 04 April 2006 01:05, m h wrote:
2 > This isn't meant as flamebait.  I'm running stable on my laptop and
3 > unstable on my desktop.  It seems like most KDE release get better
4 > over time, so I'm just wondering what the process is with KDE?
5 KDE 3.5.0 was quite broken -and required more patches than usual to get to an
6 usable state-, KDE 3.5.1 was a bit better but stills some patches were
7 needed, KDE 3.5.2 is in portage since less than a month, and already had a
8 few patches with revbumps to few memleaks and crashes, a new kdelibs revbump
9 is also planned, and umbrello 3.5.2 is regressed compared to 3.5.1 (that
10 still, vanilla, wasn't usable for activity diagrams at all).
11
12 That said, I doubt we can have anything stable in less that another month or
13 even two.
16 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
17 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE