From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Access to dipper.gentoo.org
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021 22:05:55
1 Previously due to an exciting misconfiguration; access to rsync
2 services to dipper.gentoo.org were open to the internet[0]. This was
3 caught in a recent audit and we have disallowed access from the
4 internet to rsync services on this host.
5
6 Please continue to use our public rsync services (rsync.gentoo.org or
7 similar rotation.) to sync data from us. We are sorry for the change
8 in behavior.
9
10 -A
11
12 [0] The repos available are the same repos; so it's not a security
13 problem; just a problem of load management; we want users to sync from
14 the edges of our network, not from the core.