From: John Newman <jnn@××××××××.net>
To: Seth Mos <knuffie@××××××.nl>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gentoo-sources-r9 kernel sources vs. XFS patch
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 05:14:36
1 On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:02:10PM +0200, Seth Mos wrote:
2 > I suggest not using preempt with XFS for production systems.
3
4 Ok. Does my desktop count as production :)
5
6 > Otherwise it's a fine filesystem that works just like the others. I have
7 > had little problems with it to date. I have used it in production for over
8 > a year.
9
10 I've been using it on my Gentoo system since I first installed. I really
11 wanted to upgrade to get some of the grsecurity stuff implemented but I also
12 wanted to try the preempt patch. I went ahead and hacked the xfs patches
13 in. I had to fix about a dozen rejected patches but it was all pretty
14 straight forward stuff. If anybody wants a copy from my tree of slightly
15 hacked xfs patches that willy apply to their gentoo-sources (which apparently
16 may be a bad idea) send me an email.
19 Thanks for the quick responses!
22 john